"Check to see if my bicycle is still there"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Aug 31 20:16:30 UTC 2001

I'M GOING TO CHECK TO SEE IF MY BICYCLE IS STILL THERE--My tour guide said this is going to the bathroom, perhaps like "see a man about a dog."  He could be wrong, though.

THROW A PEACOCK--Throw up.

NICKNAMES:
DIRTIES--Gypsies
PEPIKI--Czech
SZWABY, SZKOPY--Germans

GRILL BAR--Another bar.

NEW YORK CITY PIZZA--A chain.  See www.pizzanewyork.pl.
"DON PABLO" PIZZA--Most of the pizza places have the normal pies, but I noticed that several have a "Don Pablo" pizza.  My guide never heard of it.  I didn't see the ingredients listed.

PROVERB:
"Pissing without farting is like a wedding without an orchestra."
(That's the best "Polish proverb/saying" my guide could come up with today--ed.)