Tacos in Mexico

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Dec 2 20:32:59 UTC 2001

"DEREK JETER'S TACO HOLE" ON SNL--A pretty bad (tasteless?) skit involving the current Yankee shortstop was on yesterday's Saturday Night Live.

LIBRARY OF CONGRESS--The web site says that the Jefferson Library will be closed Monday (anthrax-related?), so I'll visit the LOC some other time.  Tomorrow, I'll probably check out the menu collection at New York City Technical College, at Brooklyn's Metrotech Center.  It has about 5,000 menus, most all from 1970 and from NYC.

DAVID SHULMAN IN HOSPITAL WITH FLU--He called me to tell me he's in the Victory Memorial Hospital in Brooklyn (phone number misplaced, but they're in the book).  He says it's the flu and he'll be out within three days.  I'll check on him and the above in a Brooklyn visit tomorrow.