CUT A CHECK, ANYONE?

Thomas Paikeday t.paikeday at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Dec 18 20:24:50 UTC 2001

Good to have a response; thanks David.

However, for me, BDC and OED belong to a different world.

Incidentally, is there a good formal definition of "cut a check" in your
dictionaries or anywhere else? My own collection of dictionaries is not
very comprehensive.

Definitions are a necessary evil for me but the shorter the sweeter,
like those given in the Cambridge International Dictionary of English,
supposedly for "learners."

Happy Holidays.

TOM.