A resident of Provo?

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Thu Dec 20 22:45:37 UTC 2001

In a message dated 12/18/2001 12:10:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
db.list at PMPKN.NET writes:

> I am in need of the one-word term for a resident of Provo (the town in Utah
>  where Brigham Young University is located).
>  David Bowie                                   Department of Linguistics
>  Assistant Professor                            Brigham Young University
>  db.list at pmpkn.net                                   http://pmpkn.net/lx

Somebody who lives in Provo and teaches at Brigham Young University is a
"prof".

Somebody who lives in Provo and works at the Bonneville Salt Flats has a job
"prov-ing" automobiles.

An attorney who lives in Provo performs his law work pro vono publico.

Career people who live in Provo and do not fit the above categories are
"pros", unless they come from Siberia, in which case they are "khans".