Re Texas toast, &c

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Sun Feb 11 23:28:18 UTC 2001

Mark O. writes:
>My great disappointment was my first trip to London, checking out the
Sainsbury on Putney High Street, and discovering that Schweppe's Ginger Ale
was labelled as 'American style ginger ale'.<

My great disappointment, the last time I was in England, in the early 70's,
was that the wonderful ginger beer (in stoneware bottles) that had been
available five or six years earlier, had disappeared in favor of that very
"American style ginger ale." Not the same thing at all.
A. Murie