Hecticity (Christina Aguilera at Grammys)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 24 08:38:59 UTC 2001

   From the NEW YORK POST, 23 February 2001, pg. 16, col. 2:

_Her words of wisdom_
Liz Smith
   "BY NOW I am accustomed to all the hecticity of these events."
   That's what _Christina Aguilera_ said to _Joan Rivers_ on the Grammy red carpet the other night.
   Hecticity?  We must alert Merriam-Webster.  When celebrities invent a new word, it is always noteworthy.

   I haven't checked the computer databases.
   Conan O'Brien joked on Friday that Christina is applying to be a George W. Bush speechwriter.