legal term sought

Baker, John JBaker at STRADLEY.COM
Tue Jul 3 14:43:13 UTC 2001

        As I understand it, an affiliation order is a court order declaring
paternity.  It is sometimes combined with a maintenance order, which orders
child support payments.

        I'm not aware of any general American equivalent, although there may
be specialized terms in some jurisdictions.  Most American lawyers would
simply refer to a court order declaring paternity and ordering child

John Baker

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Orin Hargraves [SMTP:OKH at COMPUSERVE.COM]
> Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 9:47 AM
> Subject:      legal term sought
> Can anyone supply a US equivalent or near-equivalent for the British legal
> term "affiliation order," a court order requiring the father of an
> illegitimate child to make child-support payments.
> Thanks, and please reply directly me at this address or
> orinhargraves at
> Orin Hargraves

More information about the Ads-l mailing list