Mark Odegard markodegard at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 10 23:04:31 UTC 2001

>MANTLE PLUME--OED?  Used when we visited the glacier today.

I don't know if OED has it, but it should, perhaps under plume. Even I have
heard of this. The term, however, has nothing to do with glaciers and
everything to do with plate tectonics etc. A cursory web search turns up
some respectable-looking sites dealing with volcanism etc.
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at

More information about the Ads-l mailing list