Air Force Language (1962); Medical Slang (1994)

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Wed Jul 25 09:06:06 UTC 2001

> > >Pg. 133:
> > >_BOHICA_  Bend Over Here It Comes Again (Coombs et al. 990) (Not in
> > >RHHDAS, not in CASSELL DOS)
>
> > Most of these are not common or widespread AFAIK. ... It's hard to
> imagine a use for "BOHICA" or "FYBIGMI" ....
>
>We certainly used BOHICA in the Army ca. 1990, created word or no. Usually
>personally inconvenient directive to come down from on high.

Google gives many hits -- apparently primarily in military contexts, also
many in corporate contexts, and a few in medical contexts (apparently
mostly EMS). I still don't think BOHICA's widespread as medical slang
(which is how it was presented) ... I suppose medical personnel have
corporate and other hierarchies which may call for this 'word' too ... but
as general slang, not specifically medical.

I see "BOHICA-WOKY" also: "WOKY" = "without KY [jelly]".

-- Doug Wilson