Interlibrary loan "wish list"

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Mon Jun 11 22:01:54 UTC 2001

At 4:23 PM -0400 6/11/01, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>Date:         Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:23:10 -0400
>Sender: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
>From: Jesse Sheidlower <jester at PANIX.COM>
>Subject:      Re: Inter-library loan "wish list"
>To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
>
>>  Here's an interlibrary loan "wish list" that I don't want to burden
>>  the NYPL's understaffed department with:
>
>Great collection, Barry. I hope some of these can be followed up on.
>

>>  MEDICAL SLANG STRONG WORDS: MEDICAL SLANG (1994) by Sally Williams.
>>  Her MA thesis at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
>  > which is the only place that has it.
>
>I've asked Connie Eble if she can track this down.

    I can help with this one. My campus library has obtained a copy
via inter-library loan, and I'll be in touch with Barry about its
contents.
Also, a second of his requests has just been met (_Current Trends In
Nonstandard Language of The Naval Air Force_, by Anthony Austin; M.A.
thesis at the Univ. of Florida). Again, I'll fill Barry in on its
contents when he returns from his travels.

   That's two down and a batch more to go. I agree with Jesse, it's a
great collection.

---Gerald Cohen