Condensed network news: a trend?

Tue Jun 26 15:00:40 UTC 2001

On mardi 26 juin 2001 10:31, AAllan at AOL.COM wrote:
>Guy from the Jim Lehrer newshour calls. Says they're working on a story. They
>notice news reports on TV are shorter, staccato headlines, brief stories: not
>the essays of yore. More like sound bites.

No, but could you ask the person for Newshour if they'd mind eliminating their
roundtables? Talk about zero-content news. Not much but pre-formatted, cookie-cutter
opinions, a lot of people starting of with "Well, I think..." Not much real discussion
happening and never a resolution. The participants might as well look at the camera when
they speak.

--
Grant Barrett
gbarrett at worldnewyork.org