Thanks to all; also, Re: Larry Horn in N.Y. Times

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Mar 5 04:54:46 UTC 2001

> Nice article, Jesse!

Thanks. And thanks very much to everyone on ADS-L who gave me
suggestions for words for the piece; I'm very grateful.

> Two quibbles:

I don't want to address these in detail; I'll just say that
the piece was quite short, and both "Redskin" and "fag" fit
my argument under certain circumstances; that is, the former
is often regarded as an offensive term (both in the absolute
and as the name for a football team), and the latter can be
used by gay men in self-reference. While I agree that these
generalizations are just that, and that they have exceptions,
this was not my point, and addressing the issue wasn't
plausible in the limitations of a newspaper article.

Best,

Jesse