Re Betty and Dupree (was: CONtract/conTRACT)

Mark.Mandel at LHSL.COM Mark.Mandel at LHSL.COM
Mon Nov 5 17:10:08 UTC 2001

     [dInIs expatiated in pass 1]:

>Course, you got to admit that "Betty said to duPRAY" don't scan. Only
>DUpray will do.
><<<<<

     [And Mark rebutted, still in pass 1]:
>I don't got to admit no such thing.
>
>      BETty told duPREE: [rest] "BUY me a DI'mond RING".
>      BETty told duPREE: [rest] "BUY me a DI'mond RING".
>      and duPREE said, "BAby, [rest] i'll BUY you 'MOST anyTHING".

     [Now dInIs has objected, pass 2]:

Cept it's

Betty said to DUpree

not told.
<<<<<

     [And Mark asserts, pass 2]:
I wrote it like I heard it sung. YMMV. The DEfense rests.

Mark A. Mandel, the Filker With No Nickname
http://world.std.com/~mam/filks/filks.html