CONtract/conTRACT

Tue Nov 27 12:15:39 UTC 2001

Ron,

Have you been out practicin yore stress since 10/31? The Ioway stress
rules you got are way too complicated fer me. I ADDress the envelope
one minute, and give a short ADDress to the audience the next.

dInIs (one of whose students went to syntax class the other day and
was told by the instructor that Professsor Preston's judgments about
grammaticality were not trustworthy; in fact, the instructor
reflected, they were dangerous)

--
Dennis R. Preston
Department of Linguistics and Languages