Fwd: A question

Billionbridges.com translation at BILLIONBRIDGES.COM
Fri Oct 5 07:21:28 UTC 2001

> >The spelling of "Yang guei" works admirably as a transliteration
> >for the Chinese-challenged.  In case anyone's interested, the
> >Pinyin is "yanggui", the Wade-Giles is "yangkuei", and
> >the Yale version is "yanggwei".
>
> And the Guoin II version is "yang guei", isn't it?
>
> [I don't deny that I'm as challenged as the next
> guy/guei/gui/kuei/gwei/goei. (^_^)]

Yikes, I did say I was "tentatively" delurking.  Witness
the following:

"Guoin II System was promulgated by Taiwan Ministry of
Education on Jan 28, 1986.  It is less used even in Taiwan."

I had never heard of the "Guoin II" system before!  I stand
chastened, and can only ask:  What is this world, erm,
"gouin to", when such as I presume to correct members of

Thanks for the gentle kick in the pants!
Don