What does ACCENT mean in American English?

Sat Sep 15 16:43:09 UTC 2001

In a message dated 9/15/01 12:26:09 PM, vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM writes:

<< In the context under discussion, the fact

that the speaker says "her" (instead of "the") makes it pretty clear that

that must  have been the meaning here too.  >>

Well, see my slip-is-showing examples before you say "must"; better to say,
"... makes it pretty clear that THE MOST LIKELY meaning here IS
'PRONUNCIATION'." Which is all that I have been trying to say all along.