What does ACCENT mean in American English?

Thomas Paikeday t.paikeday at SYMPATICO.CA
Sat Sep 15 20:29:30 UTC 2001

A very interesting discussion.

I think more evidence is needed in regard to what is generally
understood and more of the context of "I don't like her accent" to
determine the intended meaning here. A web search may indeed prove
useful in regard to the first point. Perhaps Sonja Lanehart could supply
more of the particular context in which the sentence was uttered. I do
think it is worthwhile flogging this horse.