Greetings!

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu Aug 8 16:47:00 UTC 2002

Maia, who are you and where are you now?  It would help to know something
about you:  Are you willing to transfer to a B.A. program in
linguistics?  Or will you wait for an M.A.?  In what subarea--theoretical,
applied, sociolinguistics/dialectology, TESOL ...?  Lots of us have a
variety of programs that might suit you, with a range of financial aid
packages (click on my website below, for example).

"Mailring"--a new term to me!  Has anyone else heard it?

At 09:41 PM 8/7/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm a newcomer to this mailring and so far, I am
>enjoying it very much!  I'm an undergraduate college
>student with hopes of going into linguistics (though
>I'm currently at a school that offers no linguistics
>degree).  I've been studying linguistics and languages
>in my free time, and have found this mailring to be
>very informative and fun.  It's great to hear what
>real, live linguists have to say since I've never
>actually talked to one before.  I would be very
>grateful if any of you have any advice for an aspiring
>linguist (good colleges, career opportunities, study
>sources, etc.).
>
>Thanks!
>
>Maia

Beverly Olson Flanigan