Bad Writing

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sun Aug 11 01:53:28 UTC 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Rick H Kennerly wrote:

#|o| That URL produces no article, but a demand for ID, password, and a lot
#|o| of the kind of information that is used to target spam (plus ad-stuff;
#|o| this is already edited down):
#
#Well, you've got to pay one way or the other.  In this case, giving up a bit
#of information gains one access to an excellent reference source.

My point was not to complain about the site. What annoyed me was being
told "there's an interesting article at this URL" and finding, instead,
that I have to see the ads, register, and pay if I want to see that
article.

-- Mark A. Mandel