Bad Writing

Paul McFedries mailinglists at LOGOPHILIA.COM
Sun Aug 11 12:51:37 UTC 2002

First of all, you don't have to pay for The Times online. It's free,
which strikes me as one of the great bargains of all time. Second, as
near as I can figure, the only alternative would have been to copy the
article and post it to the list, which would have been an egregious
copyright violation. Other people do this, I know, but I'm totally
against it. Finally, I was going to put some kind of parenthetical
"registration required" notice near the URL, but I figured everyone on
this list knew that this was Times policy. It has come up on this
before. I apologize for that, and will include the notice alongside
future Times URLs.

Paul