Bad Writing

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sun Aug 11 16:50:15 UTC 2002

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Paul McFedries wrote:

#First of all, you don't have to pay for The Times online. It's free,
#which strikes me as one of the great bargains of all time.

That *is* a bargain.

#       Second, as
#near as I can figure, the only alternative would have been to copy the
#article and post it to the list, which would have been an egregious
#copyright violation. Other people do this, I know, but I'm totally
#against it.

As am I, and I wasn't suggesting it and didn't mean to imply that I was.

#    Finally, I was going to put some kind of parenthetical
#"registration required" notice near the URL, but I figured everyone on
#this list knew that this was Times policy. It has come up on this
#before. I apologize for that, and will include the notice alongside
#future Times URLs.

There are always new people, and oldtimers like me who have forgotten.
Thanks.

-- Mark A. Mandel