Stocklash, Stock Shock, SCUM (8-11-02 NY POST)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 11 02:28:48 UTC 2002

   Sunday's NEW YORK POST is clearly going out of its way in the word-coinage game.  From 11 August 2002, pg. 1:

_STOCKLASH_
_Investors demand brokers pay up_

   I couldn't find "stocklash" ANYWHERE on Google or on Dow Jones.  It's the New York Post's coinage, for better or worse.
   A page 5, col. 2 caption is "STOCK SHOCK."  Dow Jones has this from 1986, but it's been used a lot recently.
   From pg. 4, col. 6:

   "We call them _SCUM_," said Barbara Black, professor at PACE University Law School...
_"S" for suitability._ ...
_"C" for churning._ ...
_"U" for unauthorized trading._ ...
_"M" for misrepresentation._

(Wacky word-coinage professors are getting into the act in this article, too!...It's kind of sad for journalism when you read a newspaper's page one story, and the only thing new is the catchword in the headline--ed.)