How we spent our Canadian vacation

Fritz Juengling Friolly at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 12 21:03:14 UTC 2002

'eh' seems to be the most distinguishing feature of Canadian English. This
spring, one of my classes got interested in famous Canadians (it was my Latin
clas, so I have no idea what they were thinking).  'eh' naturally came up.
Even the 12 and 13 year old Boy Scouts with whom I just completed a week of
Scout camp told a joke about Canada in which the punchline hinged upon 'eh'.
This really would be a great topic for a book-- 'Canadian English: from 'Eh'
to Zed'
Fritz Juengling
PS Was The Fonz Canadian?