"Babysit" as transitive, teach, graduate

Fritz Juengling Friolly at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 21 02:21:02 UTC 2002

I used to babysit children back in the 70's.  This usage does not bother me
at all.
I have heard that the British have a problem with "I teach school."  Is
anyone else bothered by this?
Here's one that just kills me.  I heard Melissa Bledsoe (isn't she one of the
Cosby girls?) say "I graduated college."  ON the info sheet from the Virginia
Military Institute that my son received,  it said something like this, "When
you graduate highschool."
Since when does one 'graduate highschool/college'?  Does this bother anyone?
Fritz