"Babysit" as transitive, teach, graduate

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 21 17:57:58 UTC 2002

Nah, I think there's a difference.
I graduated highschool in 1997, but I graduated FROM Pinckneyville Community
HS.

Also,
WHEN I graduated FROM highschool, things were different, but WHEN I graduated
PCHS, things were different.

The reverse seems, while not impossible, really really odd.  Like "I
graduated PCHS" or "WHEN I graduated highschool" means I took a marker and
"graduated" the building to measure it. And "I graduated FROM h.s. in 1997"
just doesn't sound right.  My roommate agrees.  Go figure.

-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham
In Transition...