That word "neen"

T. Hakala hakala at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Aug 21 21:38:32 UTC 2002

Yes, I got the jocular tone of your email.  And I was joking back about
being hard on the Finns.  But I do find it interesting that non-native
speakers make grammatical "mistakes" (yes, the who/that distinction
probably bothers only language mavens) relative to their original language
maps.  And, honestly, I just had to take the opportunity to talk about
Finnish -- the most elided of the Scandinavian languages. :)

-Taryn

First line of the week:

This is the story of what a Woman's patience can endure, and what a Man's
resolution can achieve.