That word "neen"

Wed Aug 21 20:19:21 UTC 2002

Well, see, it was a joke. Some of my best friends are Finns. My
apparently failed point was that many (most?) native speakers of
English don't always use "who" to refer to human referents; surely
the sentence I gave "He's the man that I saw yesterday' is common
among native speakers. I was just kind of giving it to the
LinguistList for being so dense.

dInIs