this weekend

Thu Aug 22 17:42:50 UTC 2002

Obviously such difficulties are all around, and it's pretty clear
that "this coming weekend" and "this last weekend" are (not always
successful) attempts to disambiguate. My wife and I are different
"next" speakers, but, as arnold suggested, I doubt if is the fault of
her nonstandard Milwaukee and my standard Louisville speech
upbringings.

dInIs