That word "neen" / restrictive "that"

Joanne M. Despres jdespres at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Mon Aug 26 13:21:47 UTC 2002

On 23 Aug 2002, at 19:46, Dale Coye wrote:

> But I bet many faculty members in Eng.
> Depts. everywhere are unaware of MWEUD--I had to be the one to order it at
> The College of NJ when I started there five years ago.  Am I wrong about this?
>
> Dale Coye
> The College of NJ

No, I think you're right on target.  The sales force for this company is very
small and oriented to commercial bookstores, and therefore hasn't made
inroads into the academic book market, from what I understand.  Or maybe
the company hasn't invested enough in advertising the book to the right
audience, probably because it wouldn't sell enough copies to justify the
expense. But don't take my word as final  -- I'm just an editor who's
mostly in the dark about the business side of the business.

Joanne Despres