More specifics on "Baseball been berry berry good to me"

Fri Dec 6 12:34:15 UTC 2002

>arnold,

Having done research among Indiana farmboys (albeit not in the area
of their sexual preferences), I have not yet encountered the
astonishing /v/---> /b/ you describe. Since several of my doctoral
candidates (will this never end!) are writing dissertations on
various aspects of Midwestern English (sic), we hope you will be
willing to share your tapes so we can look at this phenomenon more
carefully.

dInIs

PS: I like 'terminally goofy' and, with your permission, will
immediately include in my set of self-descriptors.

--
Dennis R. Preston
Professor of Linguistics
e-mail: preston at msu.edu