More specifics on "Baseball been berry berry good to me"

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Fri Dec 6 15:55:46 UTC 2002

dInIs, in response to me:
 >Having done research among Indiana farmboys (albeit not in the area
 >of their sexual preferences), I have not yet encountered the
 >astonishing /v/---> /b/ you describe. Since several of my doctoral
 >candidates (will this never end!) are writing dissertations on
 >various aspects of Midwestern English (sic), we hope you will be
 >willing to share your tapes so we can look at this phenomenon more
 >carefully

closer inspection of my fieldnotes suggests that this is a one-off
imitation of SNL.  i hope to investigate further soon; the informant
in question is now, no surprise, living in san francisco.  tapes
might be inadvisable, however.

arnold (zwicky at csli.stanford.edu)