Is the old trick the source, or does life imitate language?

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Sat Dec 28 18:53:04 UTC 2002

Wow, what clever kids!  But my father used the phrase totally seriously, as
the ultimate slander, long before you and I were born.  So, here's one for
Barry Popik to research.