Fluffies & the Full Monty Breakfast

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Feb 23 04:14:54 UTC 2002

   Greetings again from Paihia, New Zealand.

HONORARY MAMMAL--the Kiwi bird.
DRESS CODE--"No gumboots, no bennies, no swandries."
SECOND SHOP--A second-hand shop.  Not "Seconds" shop?
NIPPON CLIP-ONS--Nickname for the extra lanes added to the Harbour Bridge, from Japan.
THE NEW ZEALAND DEATH--death by drowning.
LEMON-SQUEEZERS--the New Zealand military hat.  Other countries also have this hat; is the term used elsewhere?
THE FULL MONTY--a breakfast of "2 eggs, bacon, beans, sausage, with fried bread."
OYSTER BURGER--Another "burger," for the collection.
FLUFFIES--Served one place under "Hot Drinks."  The fluff on your cappuccino, I was told.
CHOCOLATE ROUGH--I bought some of this at a confectionery in Russell.  It's chocolate squares, with some coconut.  A quick web check shows it's used elsewhere.  Where did this come from?  Is "rough" plural?  One sign said "Chocolate Roughs."
HOKEY POKEY ICE CREAM--vanilla and toffee bits.  It differs a bit for the hokey pokey candy.  "Hokey pokey" is everywhere here.
SPIRULINA--orange juice and seaweed?  Check the web.