Roots (Your daughter is correct)

Richard Gage rgage at INTRAH.ORG
Sat Feb 23 21:17:40 UTC 2002

[From the OED definition of "root, v.1" ]:

 10. b. Austral. coarse slang. trans. (usu. with a male subject). To
copulate with; intr., to copulate, to
engage in sexual intercourse. Also in phr. to root like a rattlesnake, to
copulate vigorously.

1958 R. M. STUART in R. Chamberlain Stuart Affair (1973) ii. 12,
I took her bathers off. Then I raped her. She was hard to root.

1966 P. WHITE Solid Mandala 185
We'll root together so good you'll shoot out the other side of Christmas.

1969 Private Eye 1 Aug. 14
The Pope's a Jew if that jam tart doesn't root like a rattlesnake.

1974 K. COOK Bloodhouse 110
We found this bloody little poofter down on the beach fiddling with a
bird... Couldn't even root her.