Roots

Bruce Levak bruce at LEVAK.COM
Sun Feb 24 08:35:05 UTC 2002

    Yes, when I taught data communications and traveled to Australia, I
was cautioned by locals there not to pronounce "router" as "rooter" for
that very reason.

    /b

    -----Original Message-----
From: James Smith [mailto:jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM]
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2002 2:38 PM
Subject: Re: Roots

    Greetings from SLC, home of the soon-to-end 2002
    Winter Olympics.

    One of the commercial crazes has been the beret-style
    hats from Roots, of Canada, that were worn by the US
    team.  They have 2002, USA and Roots embroidered on
    them  The Roots store ran out these hats soon after
    the games began, and they are being scalped at up to
    $100.

    But my question is:  With all the talk of "roots",
    someone told my daughter that "roots" is an Aussie
    euphemism for sex, more specificly - fornication.  Any
    truth to this?

    =====
    jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com     |whether we act quickly and
decisively