Kregg vs. Craig

Scott Sadowsky lists at SPANISHTRANSLATOR.ORG
Sat Jul 20 05:09:59 UTC 2002

On 7/19/2002 14:21, Laurence Horn wrote the following:

>This last is redolent of Pittsburgh (and maybe cheese-steak eaters to
>the east, whose "Iggles" sometimes take the filled against
>Pittsburgh's "Stillers")

Born and raised in Pgh, never say [fIld] for <field> nor [Igl] for <eagle>,
and yet <Craig> and <peg> have rhymed for me since birth.  Or shortly
thereafter.

Anyway, what makes you think [i]>[I] conflation is related to [ei]>[E]
conflation (at least, [ei] is what I assume you hypercorrective types have
in <Craig>)?

Cheers,
Scott

Scott Sadowsky  --  Spanish-English / English-Spanish Translator

sadowsky at spanishtranslator.org · sadowsky at bigfoot.com
http://www.spanishtranslator.org