pigs in a blanket

Johnson, Ellen ejohnson at BERRY.EDU
Mon Mar 11 19:59:13 UTC 2002

> >    OYSTER BLANKET--This is sometimes called in the country "pig in a
> blanket."
>
> Not to be confused with "pigs in a blanket", which is sausages rolled in a
> pancake?

>>I always thought this was a homemade sausage (beef OR pork) and rice
mixture wrapped in a cabbage leaf and baked....

when I was growing up, this was a decidedly low-brow dish in our household:  vienna sausages baked with a canned biscuit secured around them  with a toothpick.  they served them at school too, but there they were hotdogs with dough wrapped around them and baked.

hm, haven't eaten this in many years, but I'll bet it would go over well with my 10 year old, I'll have to give it a try!