"Revelations"

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Wed Mar 20 15:56:13 UTC 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Dave Wilton wrote:

>The plural form of "Revelation" parallels the structure of the names most of
>the other books of the Bible. Those that are not named after people are
>mostly plural titles. All the other books of the New Testament follow
this [deleted].

True. But I wonder if that is the actual motivation - based on the highly
fundamentalist theology I heard as a child, the motivation seems to be
partly theological - a focus upon the details, opaque as they are, rather
than the unity of the message - if indeed it is unified (hard to tell!).

Bethany