"Revelations"

A. Maberry maberry at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Wed Mar 20 16:57:23 UTC 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Dave Wilton wrote:
> Thessalonians, and Hebrews. In the Old Testament, we have Judges, Kings,
> Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes (Is this a plural? It does end in
> s.), and Lamentations.

Ecclesiastes is masculine singular. Gr. ekkl[macron]esiast[macron]es.
Isn't the full title of the book "The Revelation of Saint John the Divine"
or "The Revelation of John"? At any rate the Gr. apokalypsis (as in
"Apokalypsis I[macron]oannou") is fem. sing.
That still leaves the question of why "Revelations", however ...

allen
maberry at u.washington.edu