Antipasto (1778, not 1617); Village Voice on OED

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed May 1 09:35:55 UTC 2002

THE GRAND TOUR
by Thomas Nugent
Third edition
1778

   Yeah, I just realized that I put "antipasto" in the wrong book.

VOLUME TWO
Pg. 19:  The first course, which they call the _Antipasto_, is a dish of
giblets boiled with salt and pepper, and mixt with whites of eggs.  After
which come two or three small dishes, one after another, of different
ragouts.  Their roast meat generallyu comes first, which thye roast very dry,
and they end with a kind of pottage, called _Minestra_.

    The latest VILLAGE VOICE (7 May 2002), VOICE LITERARY SUPPLEMENT Spring
2002, pg. 80, has:

_OED TO THE OED_
_the bedazzlement of a cyberspace word-orgy_
by Jonathan Ames

   Nothing new is here.  No one was interviewed.  The OED is this really big
dictionary, and WOW!, it's online!
   Ames visited a porn set for NEW YORK PRESS, and he notes here that "get
wood" isn't in the OED.  Well, since he noted that OED is on "M," that
shouldn't be surprising.  "Wood" and "woody" received a long discussion here.
   Hey Ames, this same "OED online" article was written, oh, a year or two
ago..