doctorate

Adrian Pable adrian.pable at ENS.UNIBE.CH
Thu May 16 08:58:49 UTC 2002

thanks a lot for your reply. Especially the piece of information on
Paul Green seems very interesting to take a closer look.

Consider this: I do not believe Miller copied much of the verbatim
language into his play, since the latter depicts almost exclusively
situations that documents never do (intimate scenes between
husband/wife, husband/lover etc.). Miller had thus to re-create such
situations linguistically, whether he did that in a realistic way is
exactly what I want to find out.

yours, Adrian Pablé