word part dictionary?

Fri May 17 13:16:56 UTC 2002

In a message dated 5/16/2002 11:37:51 AM, andrew.danielson at CMU.EDU writes:

<< Does anyone have a handy (and preferably online) reference for looking
up words by constituent parts?  Of course prefixes can be found in any
regular dictionary, but I occasionally want to be able to look up words
by base part, suffix, or collocated particle. >>

Lawrence Urdang a number of years ago published a two-volume dictionary of
suffixes, I believe. He also put together a prefix dictionary, I believe. I
don't know of any dicitonary of English infixes, but there are very few of
them, as we all know.

Wouldn't "base parts" and "collocated particles" mostly be found in regular
dictionaries as well? Aren't they mostly free morphemes in English
(apologies to -COUTH, etc.)?