FW: "quick a feet"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 9 14:16:47 UTC 2002

At 6:07 AM -0400 10/9/02, Frank Abate wrote:
>[Re McCarver and his
>
>"It's always amazed me how a guy can can blow that big a bubble and
>have that quick a feet."]
><<
>
>As for McCarver, I believe he is from Tennessee, I'm not sure which part.  I
>recall him once talking about how they named a minor-league park in TN after
>him, at the place where he played before making it to the Bigs.  He was
>honored, he said, but also concerned, because normally they only name things
>after dead people.  But then he realized that they were naming it in honor
>of his throwing arm.
>
>Frank Abate

I'm sure you and Dave Wilton are both right; Tennessee it is.  And
with apologies to dInIs, I'm not that confident I'd be able to
distinguish a Tennessee from a Kentucky speaker; I agree they're both
south of the relevant border (and north of another one; I can tell
McCarver isn't from Georgia or Alabama).