Cunning Linguist

Philip Trauring philip at CS.BRANDEIS.EDU
Wed Oct 23 03:41:35 UTC 2002

Of course, the term 'cunning linguist' was actually used in a recent
James Bond movie. It was the second scene of Tomorrow Never Dies
(1997):

Moneypenny: "James? Where are you?"
Bond: "Oh, Moneypenny. I'm just up here at Oxford brushing up on a
little Danish."
Danish: "Little?"
Moneypenny: "I'm afraid you're going to have to kiss off your lesson James."
Bond: (Something in Danish)
Moneypenny: "You always were a cunning linguist James."

Philip