do not open without your mother's permission

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Thu Oct 31 18:41:18 UTC 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 12:19:17PM -0500, George Thompson wrote:

> My wife teaches in the English Dept. of a high school near
>Coney Island.  Last week a young female teacher informed her
>colleagues, including my wife, that she had attended a
>"Fuckerware" party over the weekend.  My wife, not wanting to
>expose herself as an old codgerette from an era and a region
>where they didn't have Fuckerware parties, did not press for
>details, so I don't know whether the party was to demonstrate
>and sell erotic clothing or dildos and suchlike or what.  If
>there is interest, I will ask her to inquire.  But the term
>is new to me.

You'll find this term entered in the second edition of _The
F-Word,_ with a first cite from 1985 in _Hustler,_ in reference
to the 1985 pornographic film _The Pleasure Party._ The term
is used in that film, though since it stars Traci Lords, and
is thus illegal to possess as Ms Lords was inderage at the
time, I thought it best not to quote from the film directly.

It is, indeed, a gathering for the group use of sex toys.

Jesse Sheidlower