Palm oil (1692)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 1 01:02:32 UTC 2003

   OED has 1705 for "palm oil."  Some say it's bad for you; I forgot which vacation I was on where it was used in everything.
   From Early English Books Online:

Author: Salmon, William, 1644-1713.
Title: Medicina practica, or, Practical physick shewing the method of curing the most usual diseases happening to humane bodies ... : to which is added, the philosophick works of Hermes Trismegistus, Kalid Persicus, Geber Arabs, Artesius Longævus, Nicholas Flammel, Roger Bachon and George Ripley : all translated out of the best Latin editions into English ... : together with a singular comment upon the first book of Hermes, the most ancient of philosophers : the whole compleated in three books / by William Salmon ...
Publication date: 1692.
Search results: 1 match in full text
table of contents | view text | add to bookbag
SALMON'S Practical Physick. The First BOOK. > CHAP. XVII. Of BUBOES.
• ... nces, Figgs three Ounces, Galbanum and Ammoniacum strained, Le|ven, Mustard-seed, of each an Ounce, Palm Oil, Oil of Amber, ana half an Ounce; mix, and make a Cataplasm. In a cold Bubo ...