"Hot Dog" La Times ProQuest articles.-- (Lee M. Roderick's dissertation)

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sun Aug 17 19:55:53 UTC 2003

   The dissertation is likely to be a very technical discussion.
WorldCat shows just one item by Lee M. Roderick between 1920-1930,
but this article gives an idea of what his (her?) lengthier treatment
will be like: "Some antigenic relations of the bipolaris septicus
group of bacteria," first printed in the Journal of Infectious
Diseases.

    So bacteria? Yes. Etymology or the history of the frankfurter? Not likely.
But Barry's other postings on "hot dog" are valuable and I look
forward to compiling them (with due credit given, of course).

Gerald Cohen