Body sushi

Tony McCoy O'Grady maxiogee at ESATCLEAR.IE
Thu Aug 21 07:35:13 UTC 2003

Bapopik wrote (quoting from The New York Post)

===========
NAKED LUNCH There's a girl in my sushi  By BRIDGET HARRISON
(PHOTO CAPTION, and boy-oh-boy, what a photo!--ed.)

Global Cuisine catering, based in West Hollywood, serves
well-heeled clients sushi displayed on the body of a naked woman.
- Global Cuisine

August 20, 2003 --THERE'S nothing genteel about this finger food.

Corporate bigwigs are forking over as much as $700 a head for
dinner parties where guests are served sushi off a naked woman.

The secret gourmet trend has taken off in the past six months in
L.A., and now New York is getting on the act.

"I'm being inundated with requests," said Gary Arabia, who runs a
high-end catering company called Global Cuisine, based in the
Warner Bros. studio in West Hollywood, and created body sushi
for his clients two years ago.

"I'm getting calls from people all over the country, but the big
interest is in New York," Arabia told The Post.

Arabia, who catered New York's Grammy Awards after-party, threw
an exclusive body sushi soiree for 14 guests in an Upper East Side
apartment for a corporate client last spring. Now he's working on a
similar dinner for a private Manhattan businessman in October.

Body sushi, he stresses, isn't the stuff of frat parties or stag nights.

"You don't mess around with this. It's got to be done right," said
Arabia, who personally works next to the naked woman,
replenishing the sushi supply with a team of six chefs.

"It needs to be done with the handling and care of professionals."

Arabia uses trained body models who know how to lie still for up
to three hours.

For his New York events, he flies in L.A. actress Lilani, 26, who
has two years of experience as a food model.

"It takes a lot of concentration and muscle control," he said.

New York catering company Raw Catering also throws body
parties, and co-owner Andrew Hagene says he was inundated
with requests from around the world after serving pastries off a
woman for the opening of the Museum of Sex at Lotus last year.
==========

Bapopik then wrote:---
==========
The NY POST story is a direct steal from the LOS ANGELES TIMES
==========

So I checked.... and found he is wrong, very wrong!

Checking only one word in each paragraph he quoted I found that
none of  the following words appear in the LA Times article....

well-heeled
genteel
gourmet
bigwigs
inundated
calls
Grammy
frat
mess
handling
models
Lilani
concentration
Lotus

.... this is not what I call stealing. In the newspaper business it is
quite common to re-present a piece seen in another publication.
Maybe some of the article appears to have been reworded, but
there is information in there which did not appear in the original
article. Could personal prejudice be clouding his opinion?

--
http://www.iol.ie