Garlic Knots (1989)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Aug 31 03:28:57 UTC 2003

PROQUEST UPDATE:  Still no CHICAGO TRIBUNE, still no additions to APS ONLINE as of August 30th.  This stuff is coming out in August?...The TRIBUNE might have "garlic knots."

   I've done "garlic bread" but not "garlic knots."  I remember them earlier than this.

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
      Garlic Knots Excel in Now-Plush Decor
       By JOANNE STARKEY.       New York Times  (1857-Current file).       New York, N.Y.: Apr 28, 1996.                   p. LI15 (1 page):
(Review of Franina, 58 West Jericho Turnpike, Syosset, 496-9770--ed.)
   CALL them pizza knots, garlic knots or wamr rolls.  These tiny twists of baked pizza dough, glistening with garlic butter, were love at first bite when I tasted them at Franina in Syosset more than a decade ago.
   They are still there, piping hot, peeking out from the impressive bread baskets.  And, they are just as compelling and addictive as ever.

      And It Was Once a Corner Pizza Parlor
       By JOANNE STARKEY.       New York Times  (1857-Current file).       New York, N.Y.: Jun 10, 1990.                   p. LI29 (1 page):
   First tastes of the food are addictive, chewy garlic knots and a complimentary plate of bruschetta (toast rounds mounded with fresh tomatoes and onions).

      A La Carte: Bread
       JOANNE STARKEY.       New York Times  (1857-Current file).       New York, N.Y.: Mar 5, 1989.                   p. LI19 (1 page):
   Garlic knots, addictive, tempting morsels, have been drawing raves recently in casual Italian dining spots all across the Island.  I first encountered them at Franina's, 58 West Jericho Turnpike, Syosset (496-9770).  It was love at first bite.

(TRADEMARKS)
 Word Mark
 THE GARLIC KNOT NEW YORK PIZZA PASTA
 Goods and Services
IC  016.  US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050.  G & S: Pizza boxes; paper cartons for food; paper napkins; paper place mats; menus; labels; coupons.  FIRST USE: 20020503.  FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 20020503
 Mark Drawing Code
(3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
 Design Search Code
051125 200306 260118 260121 261101
 Serial Number
78180164
 Filing Date
October 30, 2002
 Owner
(APPLICANT) The Garlic Knot LLC LTD LIAB CO COLORADO 10143 West Chatfield Avenue Littleton COLORADO 80127
 Attorney of Record
SILVANA M. MERLINO
 Disclaimer
NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE NEW YORK PIZZA PASTA APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
 Type of Mark
TRADEMARK
PRINCIPAL
 Live/Dead Indicator