Decon, Intel, Eurolash

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 6 18:24:50 UTC 2003

In a message dated 2/6/03 5:13:09 AM Eastern Standard Time, Bapopik at AOL.COM
writes:

> INTEL--Intelligence.  Also not in the OED.

This has been around for ages.  Here's an apparent February 1996 citation:

http://www.loyola.edu/dept/politics/intel.html (which is a bibliographic on
the subject of "Strategic Intelligence") has the following entry:

Council on Foreign Relations Report on Intel (2/96)

You may be interested in the following discussion on
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/200211/msg00181.

html

<begin quote, edited for length>